Sleevehead: London trip                                                          

London trip

    Almost exactly a year ago I wrote about what one should do on a hypothetical trip to London. Now for a brief report on my actual trip last month. I stayed in Mayfair and did quite a bit of walking along Conduit, Regent, Piccadilly, Burlington Arcade and Jermyn Streets.


Gieves & Hawkes



Anderson & Sheppard


Here's a list of shops I visited or window shopped:
I noticed the English certainly like their pyjamas and gowns (e.g. Cordings, Budd window displays). Around 6pm one day I was in front of Anderson & Sheppard and noticed a couple of sewers in the basement working on their respective jackets.


John Lobb storefront


I also had a long chat with a nice fellow at Foster & Son, which is the subject of recent StyleForum thread.

Labels: