Friday, April 13, 2007

Apparel Arts: Fall 1934 issue digitized

Apparel Arts is the de facto magazine of record for men's clothing in the 1920s, 1930s and 1940s. It has achieved somewhat of a cult status for its colored illustrations of lounge suits, formal wear, collegiate styles and leisure wear. Judged in the dint of today's light, these illustrations and advertisements provide a remarkable glimpse of a vanished (or was it vanquished?) world of clothing.

Forget the Google book-scanning project! A philanthropic Fedora Lounge member has already scanned the contents of the Fall 1934 issue in this thread. Quite a feast for the eyes: observe and learn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your comments and insights. However, I have noticed that you have not published in over a month. Are you on hiatus, is your blog done?

sleevehead said...

Thank you for the interest. I'm glad you find the blog useful. My posts have been more sporadic, as I'm spending more of my spare time on a book length treatment of men's clothing. But I hope to keep up with both blogging and the book.