Monday, September 03, 2007

Bel y Cia update: Teba jacket

I normally avoid posting photos of jackets on hangers mainly because they often look rather lifeless or less than flattering. Nonetheless, below is a picture of my MTM Teba jacket from Bel y Cia. It has four buttons and displays an impressive amount of lapel roll (to second button). Keep in mind the Teba's practical and hunting heritage - hence the four buttons. There are also two collar buttons underneath the lapel that can be fastened. The jacket features a patch breast pocket, two patch pockets and one interior chest pocket. The color I chose was an olive-gray, which is swatch #24 (see photos of the two swatch books in my earlier entry on Bel y Cia).

Bel y Cia Teba jacket

Bel y Cia Teba jacket (flickr)

In terms of construction, it is entirely unpadded and unlined except for a small area on each side of the upper chest. The shoulder is constructed like a shirt shoulder rather than a normal jacket shoulder. Buttonholes are handmade and straight seams appear to be machine-sewn. Since the jacket is MTM, I should also note that the armhole is larger than on my bespoke jackets.

Overall, I am very pleased with the jacket and will probably think about ordering a linen version for the summer. This I can order over the phone or email since I have no adjustments to make on the jacket. For anyone traveling to Barcelona to place an order, I recommend getting measured twice and being quite specific about waist suppression and sleeve length. I did both and these contributed to the end product. And don't forget to pick up the two swatch books for future orders.

Note: Spelling correction made from Tiba jacket to Teba jacket. Updated photo 12/8/08

Additional links
- London Lounge thread on the Teba jacket

5 comments:

El Aristócrata said...

Nice teba. As you know it is quite popular in my country.
Nice blog, congratulations.
I also write about classical men clothes in my page (but in Spanish)
Probably you like it www.elaristocrata.com

sleevehead said...

Thank you very much, El Aristocrata. I have visited your blog and it too looks very informative. I believe Spain has a very underappreciated tailoring tradition.

El Aristócrata said...

Hi again. Thanks for your comment in my blog.
To be frank in Spain there are no more than 5 or 6 very reputable tailors. I believe there are as good as any Savile Row tailors but there are very few.
Thanks again and congratulations for your page.

Mondrian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mondrian said...

Are tebas only available bespoke?

brgds