Sleevehead: Savile Row sundries: Kilgour, Anderson & Sheppard...and the mystery bespoke American tailor (MBAT)                                                          

Savile Row sundries: Kilgour, Anderson & Sheppard...and the mystery bespoke American tailor (MBAT)

    Other tidbits from my visit on the Row this month. I dropped by Anderson & Sheppard to check on a suit and was wearing a two-piece suit made by an American tailor. The managing director Mr. Hitchcock took note of it, requested to take a closer look and said it was the "best looking suit from America I've seen so far." Considering I liked my suit as well, I said it was not bad. “Not bad?”, he exclaimed, “it's very good!” I will refrain from naming the tailor as I do think America has several world-class tailors from coast to coast (including my mystery bespoke American tailor or MBAT). Let the guessing games begin!

In other news, Kilgour recently announced to customers that they are no longer offering the entry level bespoke service, which I had written about in 2006 and 2007. The entry level description is still up on the Kilgour website but the email I received was quite clear about its discontinuation. It's a pity since I think it was an excellent value and was very pleased with the results.

Labels: , ,